Day 5 – List 5 places you would like to visit.
- The House on the Rock, Spring Green, WI: The House on the Rock is a tourist destination and roadside attraction in the Dells of Wisconsin. It boasts the world’s largest carousel, a 200′ sea creature, and rooms of mechanical wonders. To see everything they recommend allowing 3-3.5 hours. The attraction was featured prominently in Neil Gaiman’s book American Gods. link
- The Winchester Mystery House, San Jose, CA: The Winchester Mystery House is the creation of Sarah Winchester, the heir to the Winchester Rifle fortune, who believed that the souls of those killed by one of her families firearms were haunting her. It is believed that in order to thwart those spirits she began building the Mystery House. The house boasts doors that open to walls, staircases to nowhere, a seance room and secret passages. link
- The Pyramids, Giza, Egypt: I don’t think I actually need to explain what the Pyramids are, or really why I might want to visit. They are historical, they are beautiful, and I want to see them in person.
4. The United Kingdom and Ireland: I am an utter Anglophile, and my family heritage is mainly from England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales, so I would love to go visit. Ideally I would like to spend some time in each country, but even a short visit would be amazing.
5. The Mid-Atlantic Ridge, Thingvellir National Park, Iceland: The place where the North American and Eurasian Tectonic plates collide, and are visible on the surface of Iceland. The geology dork in me goes giddy at the idea of standing on that fault, where the land is actually still spreading. Amazing!